Marie Napoli has over twenty-five years of experience handling personal injury, medical malpractice, mass tort, and complex litigation matters. After earning her JD from St. John’s University Law School and her LLM degree from New York University (NYU) School of Law, Marie went on to become one of the very few female partners in a top mass tort litigation firm with a successful and proven track record. She has worked for the New York Appellate Division, 2nd Department and has taught CLE courses on Tort & Civil Procedure at St. John’s University School of Law.
As a partner of a national plaintiff litigation firm, Marie has been involved in many high-level negotiations that resulted in favorable settlements for their clients. She was involved in the Cuyahoga Opioid Settlement, World Trade Center Litigation, and the pending court approval $641.2M Flint Water Crisis agreement, among many others.
Marie understands the breadth of the legal issues that particularly affect women injured by pharmaceutical and other defective products. She is a breast cancer survivor and philanthropist. She channels her passion to create awareness and fund research through such organizations and events as The Bone Marrow Foundation, Inc., the Long Island Half Marathon and the New York City Marathon.
- New York University School of Law, L.L.M.
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D.
- St. John’s University, B.S.
- New York
- New York Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- United States Supreme Court
- Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee for In Re: Zimmer M/L Taper Hip Prosthesis Or M/L Taper Hip Prosthesis with Kinectiv Technology and Versys Femoral Head Products Liability Litigation (18-MD-2859-PAC)
- Plaintiffs’ Executive Steering Committee on the Multi District Litigation for the [BHRPSC] In Re: Smith & Nephew Birmingham Hip Resurfacing (BHR) Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation (MDL No. 2775)
Awards and Honors
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors
- National Women’s Law Center: Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund
- American Association for Justice
- Brooklyn Women’s Bar Association (BWBA)
- Law360’s Personal Injury and Med Mal Editorial Advisory Board
- Nassau County Bar Association
- National Women’s Law Center, Legal Network for Gender Equity
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- New York State Bar Association (NYBA)
- New York Women’s Bar Association (NYWBA)
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- St. John’s University School of Law, Advisory Board to the Dean
- Fordham University President Council
- The Bone Marrow Foundation, Associate Board Member
- Paul and Marie Napoli Foundation, Founder
- Featured Speaker, “America on Opioids: The Issues, The Claims and The Coverage,” Perrin Conferences Webinars
Ms. Napoli is a legal and current affairs news commentator for numerous national media outlets and providers her insight on a variety of issues.
With appearances on Court TV, Law and Crime Network Live, Dr. Oz, Newsmax, Rolling Stone, New York City’s WPIX-TV 11 News, TRT World and others, she provides well-reasoned views on topics from “biased male views toward female victims” in the case of the Playboy Model Murder case; “extreme, wanton criminal negligence” in the case of the Breonna Taylor case; the “unwarranted, ingrained notion of race discrimination” in the George Floyd case; and the need for victims of sexual assault to take their power back by filing civil lawsuits, as in the case of Charity Carson.
Additional cases she has assessed include the Jealous Lover Murder Trial — where she provided legal analysis on the multiple problems involved with a juror improperly communicating with her parents; the Teen Charged with Killing Two Kenosha Rioters, where she explained how it is up to a jury to decide whether it was murder or self-defense by Kyle Rittenhouse; The Tammy Daybell Effect on Chad Daybell’s Case, where she assessed the Courtroom vs. the Court of Public Opinion in Tammy Daybell’s death; and the responsibility of attorneys during COVID-19 when courts are physically closed.
A complete list of her most recent appearances can be found here.
Ms. Napoli has written for many of the legal industry’ s top publications, including the New York Law Journal, Law360 and LawDragon. Her articles have covered a range of topics on criminal and sexual harassment legal issues as well as the opioid crisis.
A full list of her publications can be found here.