Marie Napoli’s Key Lawsuits
*Results May Vary Depending On Your Particular Facts and Legal Circumstances*
- Jury Verdict in the Ohio Opioid Trial
The verdict is in favor for the plaintiffs in this federal bellwether against national pharmacy chains.
$1.3+ Billion Settlement
This historic settlement was reached with the nation’s three largest opioid distributors and manufacturers in the New York jury opioid trial.
- Age and Gender Discrimination Lawsuit
- Michele Gillen is an Emmy Award winning investigative reporter who worked for a CBS-owned and operated station in Miami where she says she experienced a toxic work environment and was routinely passed over for assignments. This federal lawsuit was settled for a confidential amount.
- Ron Jeremy Sexual Assault Case
- Multiple women are accusing the adult film actor of sexual assaults that spans years. Ms. Napoli is representing one of the alleged victims and told Rolling Stone, “No means no!” during an interview.
- $320 Million Opioid Settlement
- This landmark settlement was reached on behalf of Cuyahoga County (Ohio), one of the bellwether plaintiffs in the National Opioid Litigation, against four of the key players responsible for the opioid epidemic.
- $626 million court-approved settlement in the Flint Water Crisis
- Napoli Shkolnik PLLC, as co-liaison and negotiating counsel in the Flint Water Litigation, along with interim class counsel and representatives of the State of Michigan Attorney General’s office, reached a landmark wide- reaching $600 million settlement with the State of Michigan, Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (now the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy), City of Flint, former Governor Richard Snyder, Governor Gretchen Whitmer, and several other State and City employees in the Flint Water Crisis Litigation on behalf of the citizens of Flint, Michigan.
- $ 18 Million Environmental Contamination Settlement
- This settlement was obtained for a Florida community who had been exposed to harmful levels of toxic ash from a former incinerator site.
- $1 Billion+ Settlement in In re: World Trade Center Disaster Site Litigation, 21 MC 100 (AKH),
- This historic settlement was negotiated on behalf of more than ten thousand workers’ claims against the City of New York, its contractors and other defendants in the mass tort litigation where first responders, construction workers, and laborers became ill as a result of toxic exposures suffered during the debris removal and clean-up operations at the World Trade Center and related sites following the September 11, 2001 attacks.